Germany Legal entities > Notification of activities to the Chamber of Crafts

Notification of activities to the Chamber of Crafts

Are you planning to carry out a regulated activity in Germany? We can help you get a permit.

We can help you with administration and solutions in Germany

If you are going to carry out an activity in Germany that is a regulated activity under German law, you need to report the activity to the Chamber of Crafts (Handwerkskammer) of the first place of work in Germany. The term regulated activity means that it is an activity for which professional training or experience is required in Germany.

Once the legal prerequisites have been met, the relevant Chamber of Crafts will issue a permit to carry out the activity in question. Issuance of the permit shall be preceded by the payment of an administrative fee, if applicable. The permit shall be issued for a period of one year and may be renewed periodically.

Frequently asked questions

Which activities fall under regulated activities?

Most of the regulated activities are similar to those that fall under the regulated or craft trades in Slovakia. However, this is not a rule, so each activity needs to be considered separately.

What kind of training certificate is needed to declare a regulated activity?

As proof of your professional training, the German Chamber of Crafts shall be presented a certificate of the nature and length of your work experience, which is issued by the relevant trade office on the basis of the necessary documents.

Need help?

Don’t hesitate to contact us

Your personal data will be used exclusively for the purpose of solving your inquiry and in accordance with the terms of processing personal data of the GDPR. Here you can find our privacy policy.

ProfiDeCon newsletter

Don’t miss out on important changes, obligations and regulations.
We only send the newsletter when we consider it important.